Monday, September 01, 2008

500 Days


Dear Dazzy,

Today, August 31, 2008, marks the 500th day that I have lived my life without the warmth of your body, the kiss of your lips, without YOU-here in the flesh-without that love for me, the kids,the dogs, your friends, co-workers and family that raidated from your very soul.

Five hundred mornings of waking up-alone; without hearing, "G'day Princess, cuppatea luv?"

Five hundred arvos of driving home from work or friend's places, watching until the clock ticks past 6:30, and with it that sad realization that no matter how I bargain with the universe itself, you will not be walking through our garage door, removing your tie with one hand as you sweep me into you with the other and kiss me hello...

Five hundred nights of going to bed without you. Without you!

Five Hundred times a day I think Why and Whatfor and How come. I haven't come up with a good answer yet. I know I never will.

All I can say today is it-my life- goes on. Thats' a good thing.

By the time I post this it will be Sept 1st, and I will be into the next block of five hundred days of counting how far away from me you are.

Or, should I count by how much closer I now am to you?

Five hundred-and one-days closer to seeing your face once again. Wow.

I long for the day when I no longer need to count.

Love you Dazzy. Always.
Kisses, Wifey.

No comments: